Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to saving and/or sharing specific web content on a server managed by a web hosting provider. There are different classes of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a gaze at them. Thus, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you desire to run a web page, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a solution provided by some file storage providers, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans are often supported by displaying ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific interval of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally unsuitable interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would divide the load between different groups of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various web site hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a huge amount of pics with chums or colleagues since the service is typically free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your email address accounts. Some corporations offer web site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an email service. If you desire to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up e-mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a given amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and a few hundred visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will permit you to administer as many video files as you desire without hassling about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to keep a website. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At DuoServer.US, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the normal email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for specific web content solely.